STEM Box #7 is not a mystery anymore - meet Synthia
Hey boys and girls,
STEM Box is not going to end with Clockstar.
It's an ongoing project where we come up with a new and exciting product every three months.
Everybody welcome Synthia - STEM Box #7
Synthia is a DIY digital musical sampler.
It combines the following functions:
When coming up with every new STEM Box product, I try to listen to our users' feedback and create something unique, fun, and educational.
We've received lots of positive feedback after shipping Jay-D to you folks.
Therefore, we've decided to create a new educational musical instrument kit.
Synthia is equipped with:
- A dual-core CPU (ESP32)
- Five pushbuttons
- Two encoder knobs
- Two slider potentiometers
- MEMS microphone for recording samples
- A dedicated DAC with a Class-D amplifier
- 1W speaker
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 121 flashy LEDs
With Synthia, you'll learn how microcomputers and other electronic components are used for sound production.
You will be able to create unique music by playing with the pre-loaded sounds samples or recording your own sound samples with the built-in microphone.
This is what you'll get in Synthia's box:
- Main circuit board with an integrated dual-core CPU, MEMS microphone, DAC, amplifier, USB-C, and lots of LEDs
- Acrylic casing
- Pushbuttons, knobs, sliders
- USB-C cable
- A bag of other small components such as connectors, nuts, and bolts
- An instruction booklet – ready for your offline knowledge consumption
If you have pledged for the seven boxes option, you will receive your Synthia after Clockstar.
Synthia is set to ship in July 2022.
If you want to modify your subscription to include Synthia, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, CircuitMess Batmobile is still live
Our latest and greatest project is still live and has just passed $300k.