When you enter the Settings mode on your CircuitPet's menu, you'll be able to change the volume and brightness of the LED and run the hardware test that you should have done at the start of this guide.
If you later suspect that something is wrong with any of the components you soldered to the board, you can check if everything works properly by enabling the hardware test.
Click on this icon to access the Settings menu.
The settings menu looks like this:
1. Sleep time - After what time will your screen turn off; it saves energy. You can adjust the sleep time or turn it off. If your screen goes dark, press any button to bring it back to life.
2. Brightness - To adjust the brightness of the screen.
3. Sound - You can turn sound on and off.
4. RGB brightness - To adjust the brightness of the LED.
5. Hardware test - Perform this test if you suspect that any component is not working properly. If you are unable to complete the test, you should check your soldering joints. If you need assistance with making your CircuitPet work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Factory reset - Like on your phone, use this setting to delete everything from the device.
7. Save - To save the changes.