Clockstar – Build & code your own smartwatch
With this kit, we want to show you how to make and code your own smart wearable device.
Clockstar is equipped with a dual-core ESP32 microcomputer and has Bluetooth low energy and Wi-Fi onboard.
It connects to your phone using our mobile app and can mirror your smartphone’s notifications to its 128×128 TFT color display.
Clockstar is also equipped with a gyroscope, accelerometer, and a magnetometer that can be used for precise motion tracking.
The watch uses machine learning to recognize and memorize different movements that you can assign to trigger certain actions.
For example, you can train your Clockstar to play/pause your phone’s music app whenever you perform the floss dance.
What you’ll get:
- Main circuit board – connects all the chips together
- Display board – 128*128 TFT color display
- Li-Po battery
- Acrylic casing
- A bag of other small components such as resistors, pushbuttons, nuts and bolts
- An instruction booklet – ready for your offline knowledge consumption
What you’ll learn:
- The components of a wearable device
- How microcomputers use power-saving techniques in order to prolong the battery life of wearable devices
- How to use Bluetooth low energy for interfacing Clockstar with your phone
- How accelerometer’s, gyroscope’s, and magnetometer’s readings are combined in order to improve motion detection accuracy
- How can machine learning be used to recognize specific movement patterns
- How to code a custom app for your Clockstar that is going to control your smartphone
What you can do with it:
- Check the time (yes, it actually shows time!)
- Connect it to your smartphone and mirror notifications
- Control the media app on your phone with your smartwatch
- Use machine learning to detect when you do a certain Fortnite dance and automatically send a laughing-crying emoji to one of your friends
- Code the watch to count the number of steps you make every day
- Play the built-in Tetris game on your watch (do this only if you’re really bored)
- Connect the watch to the internet and interface it with our other IoT products such as Spencer or Wheelson