Wheelson – Build & code your own AI self-driving car
Autonomous cars are the future and we’ll show you how it works.
This tiny wheeled robot has a camera and a microcomputer and can be programmed to read autonomously navigate a small road while driving just like an autonomous car would (yeah, like Tesla).
It has built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so you can connect it to other devices wirelessly.
Wheelson also has an LCD display where you can see what the robot sees.
What you’ll get:
- Main circuit board – connects everything together, has a dual-core processor with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth, and a battery charging circuit
- Camera and headlights board
- Display board – 128*160 TFT color display
- Li-Po battery
- Four electromotors
- Robot’s plastic chassis
- A bag of other small components such as resistors, pushbuttons, nuts, and bolts
- An instruction booklet – ready for your offline knowledge consumption
What you’ll learn:
- How to assemble a small 4-wheeled robot
- How to control an electromotor using a microcomputer
- How computer vision works
- How to calibrate your robot’s camera
- How autonomous cars work and how to make your car navigate a road autonomously
- How to recognize and scan a QR code using your robot’s camera
- How to recognize different simple objects using a camera and image processing algorithms
- That Tesla’s engineers aren’t some kind of magicians
What you can do with it:
- Drive your newly assembled robot buddy around
- Code Wheelson to drive autonomously using its camera
- Make it recognize QR codes on the floor and flash the built-in RGB LED accordingly
- Make a custom program in CircuitBlocks
- Play with built-in line tracking and objection recognition algorithms